Thursday 19 June 2014

Analyse: The Vow film poster

I wanted to look at a different genre of film to compared the conventions of a film poster to the genre I want to do. I decided to look at a romantic chick film, 'The Vow'. I noticed that the lighting of the poster used a lot more high key lighting rather than the low key lighting of the horror posters.

 
Reflection of Poster
 
What I don't like
I don't particularly like this poster and think it is slightly too simple. The poster doesn't give hardly anything away about what the film includes nor does is give any audience feedback. I wanted to look at another genre of posters however there isn't much I like from this poster that I want to include in my own. The layout is simple and no eye contact is used to engage the audience. I really like it when the character looks directly at the audience and this isn't used in this trailer. This however may be because the genre of the film is a love story. The eye contact is instead between the couple rather than the audience.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. A bit too descriptive - who is the target audience for this kind of film and what genre does it conform to (if at all)? What elements within the trailers production are you interested in using for your own work?

    ReplyDelete