Thursday 26 June 2014

Analyse: Students work poster

I anaylised a previous students work and wanted to see how they compared to popular horror film posters. I think this was a fairly good film poster and used the typical conventions of a horror film poster. I like how the poster has been laid out. The mid close-up shot works well as the audience get to see the main character and her face. Thr direct address works really well, especially with the coloured eyes.

Reflection on Poster

Layout
I like the layout of this poster and think the landscape style works well. It allows for more text to fit on the page as well as a decent size image. I plan on using landscape for my poster but will experiment with portrait as well. If I was this student designing this poster I may have used up a bit more of the blank space. There is a lot blank space either side of the picture which could have been filled with star ratings or comment from the audience.

1 comment:

  1. How successful do you think teh student has been with this poster? Some analysis is needed for higher level grades. What horror conventions could they have added to make it even more powerful or persuasive to the audience?

    ReplyDelete