Monday 16 June 2014

Analyse: Sinister poster

I explored the film poster for a horror film, Sinister. This poster used the typical conventions for a horror film such as blood and dark colours.

Reflection on Poster

Coming Soon
In this poster at the bottom on the page there is text that says 'COMING SOON.' This is a typcial convention that most film posters use to inform the audience that the film will be ready to watch soon. This is another part of a poster that looks professional and is a feature that I definitely will be including in my film poster. The idea of placing the text in captials also helps it to stand out against the other text on the page.

Text
Another part of the text that I want to use in my work is the idea of giving examples of what the producers have already made. I think this is a really clever feature because the audience who are viewing the poster may have already seen the other films mentions and may have reslly enjoyed them. This would then make them more inclined to watch the new movie. I will place a sentence on my poster that informs the audience of other horror films created by my producers.

1 comment:

  1. A useful analysis, descriptive and breaks down the visual style / producers approach - include more media terminology relating to poster layout (strapline, tag, bleed, credits, etc).

    ReplyDelete