Thursday 18 December 2014

Screenshots and development of Trailers



The first task I did before starting my trailer was to go through all my clips and decide what order I wanted them to go in. I, then labelled all the clips in number order and uploaded them to adobe premiere pro using the import method. This then made it a lot easier when placing my clips in order to then edit together because I knew exactly what clip went first etc.

Once I had imported all my clips I placed them into the editing bar with gaps inbetween them. This then made it a lot easier for me to edit the length of the clips and add transitions. I soon realised that a lot of my clips were too long and made the editing of the trailer quite slow. From watching other popular trailers I had discovered that many of the trailers included short, snappy clips to keep the audience engaged. This then led me to cutting a lot of my clips to only a few seconds instead of 10-15 seconds.


To make the sound from each clip blend in better i used the fading tool to blend the different clips together. The yellow line of the clips represent how loud the sound is for that clip. Towards the ends of the clips I made the sound faded out slightly so that it didnt just suddnely stop. I then carrried this onto the next clip so that the sound blend in at the beginning as well.




Once placing all my clips and soundtrack in the right order for my trailer I soon realised the different sounds didnt all work together. Some sounds were losed due to others being too loud. I went to the audio editing and apdated how loud all my clips and sound tracks were so that all sounds could be heard at the right times.

No comments:

Post a Comment