Tuesday 8 July 2014

Wider Research

Wider Research

Insidious
I did some wider research into a few of the films I have already analysed. I went onto the Pearl and Dean website and looked into the details about Insidious. I found out that this film was slightly seen more by males than females, however was fairly equal. I wasn't shocked about the split between the genders, in fact it made me think that my trailer should be aimed slightly more at men instead of women. The most popular age range who viewed the film were 15-24 years old which I wasn't surprised about either. However only 4% of the audience were aged 35-44 years old which I found slightly odd.  Momentum Pictures were the company who distributed Insidious. They are one of the leading independent motion picture distributors in the UK and Ireland and have produced other films such as The Kings Speech and P.S I love you.
Summary

  • Seen more by males than females
  • Most popular age- 15-24 
  • Age Rating- 15

Paranormal Activity

I then looked in Paranormal Activity on the Pearl and Dean website. The split between male and female was very nearly equal with only 1% difference. Again the most popular age range was 15-24 years old with over half the audience coming from this age range. From this research I have found out that my target audience should be aimed at young adults. Paranormal Activity was distributed by Icon Films which is an American production company. Between these too films there was a clear difference in the estimated box office total. Insidious took in 3 times the amount Paranormal Activity did.
Summary

  • Slightly more females -51% female and 49% male
  • Most popular age range 15-24
  • Age rating 15


The Hills Have Eyes

The Hills Have Eyes is age rated 18 years old which is the highest rating i have seen yet when analyzing different films. Nearly 60% of the audience came from the age range of 15-24 years old, however, this in fact would have been 18-24 because of the age certificate. The next most popular age range was 25-34 with 24%. I expected these results as horror movies tend to attract the slightly younger generation. More males saw this film than females which again doesn't surprise me as within the movie there is a bit of gore which appeals more the males than females.
Summery
  • More males than females viewed the film
  • Mostly a younger audience 35 years and under. 

1 comment:

  1. You need to carry out wider research into all the films you reviewed to access the higher grades. Again show your findings as bullet points so it is clear for everyone to understand.

    ReplyDelete