Tuesday 1 July 2014

Pie Charts for general questions



For my first questionnaire I decided to look at general questions about different genres. I asked a few questions about the individual themselves, such as gender and age. I made sure I asked equal number between male and females and decided that 20 of each would give me a good understanding of what the public enjoy. I also asked a range of different ages however mainly focused on 15-17 year olds as this is thr age range I am focusing my trailer towards. When asking what the most popular genre of film was, I found out that horror was in fact the most popular. This then has enocuraged me to continue with my idea of doing a horror trailer. However, the second most popular was rom-com which has given me the idea to have a love story within the horror theme. Amongst my audience I discovered that film trailers are very important when it comes to actually viewing a film.  35 people out of 40 either always or sometimes watch a trailer before the film which is the majority of the people I asked. This then reinforced to me how important a film trailer is. Again 25 out of 40 said that a trailer does encourage them to watch the film. From these results it has helped me to conform my choice of genre and has shown me how important trailers are to the promotion of a film.

Summary-
  • I questioned 20 males and 20 females.
  • focused on 15-17 year olds
  • horror was the most popular genre
  • 35/40 either always or sometimes watch a film trailer before the actual film
  • 25/40 said the trailer does encourage them to watch a film

1 comment:

  1. Please summarise (paragraph or bullet) the key findings from the audience research and the charts you created. Do you feel there is enough detail and a wide enough sample of students here to be able to make clear assumptions about how you will produce and market your film trailer? If so, how will these results influence your production work?

    ReplyDelete