Tuesday 1 July 2014

Pie charts for Horror questions



 

I then decided to do a questionnaire focusing just on horror films. I asked the same 40 people, 11 questions based on a horror theme. 3/4 of them enjoyed watching horror films which then made me determinded to find out why and what parts they like. I found out that paranormal and ghost horrors were the most popular. This has given me the idea maybe to focus my film trailer towards these two sub-genres. However, on one of my questions about whether the villian should be shown or not, there was only a slight difference between the results. Again there was a spilt between whether a horror needs to show the villian or not throughout the movie. For example, in paranormal activity the audience never see what is messing with the couple which makes it even more scary. From my results I have decided that I mght include a love story within my horror trailer. This then might attract an audience who might not necessarily like horror films. A question that had a clear difference in the answers was about the editing of the trailer. A lot more of the audience prefered a fast pace trailer instead of a slow pace one. Therefore I will most likely make a lot of my trailer quick with lot of fast jump cuts and strobe effects. I had three locations in my mind of where i might set my trailer; within the home, woods or abandon building. The most popular location was an abandon building which I also agree with and want to film my trailer there.

Summary-

  • same 40 people based on horror films
  • 75% of them enjoyed horror films
  • paranormal and ghost films were most popular
  • fast pace trailers were more popular

1 comment:

  1. You have started to make meaningful conclusions from your research - well done. It would be clearer if you summarised these as bullet points.

    ReplyDelete