Thursday 18 September 2014

Prop List and Equipment and Software Used

Prop List

Iphone- The iphone is used in my film trailer when Sophie and Imy are discussing what to do about the broken camper. The iphone shows the audience that they have no signal. The iphone is a popular, well known phone therefore is recognisable to the audience. The phone also adds danger to the trailer as it enforces that they are alone and have no one to contact.







Camper Van- The prop of a camper van is used in my film trailer. The camper van implies that Sophie and Imy have been travelling and is used to show that they are broken down. The camper van breaking down is what begins the film and is what the story is based on, therefore it is vital that the audience view the camper van at some point in the trailer.



Dagger (made of wood)- This piece of wood, shaped like a dagger, is used by 'the little boy' in a close up shot. Actress Laura drags the dagger under her head, implying she is going to cut someones throat. The prop of the dagger shows that the little boy uses weapons to scary visitors.








Equipment Used




I used a tripod when filming my film trailer. This allowed me to avoid camera shake and to make my filming seem more realistic and professional. The tri-pod also helped to create different angles and heights when filming. I am very lucky to have this tripod as it did make it a lot easier to film the shots and clips I wanted.
I used this Sanyo 14,0 mega pixel camera as it was the only video camera that was available to me at the time of my production. The quality of the camera wasn't that good however I tried my best with what I had. Even though the quality wasn't the best I think that some of the out of focus shots can be quite effective.








Software Used

I used three different software's when creating my main production task and ancillary tasks.

  • Photoshop - Image shows an example of me editing an image in Photoshop for my poster.

  • InDesign- Images shows an example of me editing text on the software InDesign for my magazine cover,

  • Adobe Premiere Pro - Image shows me using the editing software Adobe Premiere Pro to create my trailer.

1 comment:

  1. the dagger picture isn't very clear - can you change it?

    ReplyDelete